Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bali finally, after 27 hour journey

I landed on Jakarta Airport at 03:45pm. Waiting of 4 hours for my last flight and then finally- Bali :). There is a flight every few hours, so you should be fine any time you arrive to Jakarta. I strongly recommend Air Asia, they are okay (well, after Ryanair everything is okay) and really cheap for this local flights.

Waiting in the line for visa, waiting for my backpack, custom service... next to my shoe there is a cockroach, indifferently looking at me. Well, I already survived overrun of 'socks with sandals' phenomenon while waiting for my backpack to arrive, so he's fine as I'm concerned. 


It's almost midnight and I'm exhausted. There is a man waiting for me with my name sign outside the airport (airport transportation = 200.000 IDR ~ 20$). He is the owner of Teba House in Ubud. Brought to me a bottle of water and I can't help not to immediately like him. 
It's dark outside, so I don't really see much while we are driving. What I do see, slightly reminded me of Dominican Republic. Same chaotic driving, lots of scooters, non stop honking, people and animals hanging next to the main street... but, much less dust, much more concrete. 


I'm talking to Mr. Ketut and soon find out that I would like him even if there was no that bottle of water. In his words, Ubud is completely harmless, but Kuta has lots of immigrants (Java, Sumatra, ..) as well as tourists, so it is not always safe. In Ubud all the restaurants close at 11 pm and you are not allowed to drink on the streets. 


He is very excited to find out that I will have my birthday while staying in Teba House. He repeated it at least five more times laughing like crazy. You see, I knew he goes to supermegacool category from the first bottle we've shared. 


Entering the beautiful garden of Teba House my heart is in peace. I know I will love it here. And then I meet family dog, little white smelly creature named Broni, who decided to lay next to me on my porch until 2am. 
I feel very welcomed and can't wait to explore Bali.

No comments:

Post a Comment